The "Hotel Restaurant Pflug" has joined the well-known Ringhotel brand cooperation and has...
Strasbourg - Superb city in the Alsace
Strasbourg is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe, not least because of the monumental cathedral with its ornaments. Thanks to the diverse and rich cultural heritage of the entire center, Unesco has declared the city a World Heritage Site. Strasbourg is definitely worth a visit, with its history, zest for life, and wonderful culinary delights ......!
Strasbourg is only a 25 km drive (20 min) from Hotel Pflug.
Strasbourg Christmas market - Noél Strasbourg
After the typical Alsace Christmas was long forgotten, many old customs were rediscovered in the 90s. One of the main reasons for the old traditions dying was due to the change in the way Christmas was celebrated by the French. However the Alsace traditions have remained and are closely tied to how Christmas is celebrated in Germany. Previously, there were two Christmas markets in Alsace, the five hundred years old Strasbourg Christmas Market and the Christmas market in Kaysersberg, which was reintroduced in the 80s.
In 1992 Strasbourg began to promote the Advent season as "Capitale de Noel" (Christmas capital Strasbourg), with great success. Today the Strasbourg Christmas Market is one of the major tourism attractions in the region and the markets are widely distributed in many places all over the city:
- The Christmas Market Place de la Cathédrale (Cathedral Square)
- The Village of Sharing: Place Kléber
- The Russian Village: Place Gutenberg
- "Les Saveurs alsaciennes» (Alsatian specialties): Place des Meuniers (Petite France)
- The office of the Magi: Place Benjamin Zix (Petite France)
- Carré d'Or: Place du Marché-Neuf
- The Bredle market and the Kingdom of the Winery "La Couronne d'Or": Place d'Austerlitz
- The Christmas Market: Place du Chateau and Place d'Austerlitz
- Christmas Market with local products and crafts: Place de la Gare.
- Christmas Market: Place Broglie
Hotel Pflug is only about 20 minutes from the Christmas markets. Why not enjoy affordable accommodation on the German side at Hotel Pflug?!
Strasbourg - Sightseeing by boat
The old town is surrounded in the north by the Fosse du Rempart canal, and in the south by the River Ill. The Ill splits into many different canals at this point. A boat trip through Strasbourg thus springs to mind. Exploring Strasbourg`s attractions by boat is a wonderful adventure.